[dba-VB] Access FE --> VB: Conversion/Rewrite Time?

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Fri Oct 16 09:09:59 CDT 2009

Hi Shamil,

This is exactly what I was hoping would be available!  Great!

I have a direct conversion project with 175 forms/reports.  Most are simple
but some are complex.  I also have 89 standard modules/class modules.  SQL
Server 2005 will contain the BE.  So, this is a lot of work.

I did find 2 software utility tools which will do conversion of objects in
Access to objects in VB.Net.

	1) http://www.microtools.us/  this is $160.
	2) http://members.shaw.ca/irie/vbobjconverter.htm  this is $250.

If either even works fairly well, that would be the way to go.

These both have demo versions so if someone wants to try them out and report
back that would be helpful.  I don't know enough of VB.Net yet to make a
good assessment.

Thanks!
Dan