[dba-VB] Can anyone suggest a Windows good client for mySQL

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 05:54:52 CDT 2009

Hello Jim,
thanks for that, yes, I will train him on the benefits of utilising the
Client - Server aspect of the db,

Just curious though, if I want to return all rows from the web based hosting
centre, and I have to choices of
a) Select * from Customers ran as a PST query or
b) usp_GetAllCustomers ran as a PST query or
c) Select * from Customers ran as a linked table in Access

do you think that there would be any noticeable performance difference, my
instinct would be that there would be none.

Of course if there was a million orders and we wanted to sum all orders
where customer id = 22124, that would have to be better as Pass Through, but
I would assume minor differences between an sproc and simply including all
the SQL within the PST query.  We would loose the precomplile but from a
data and query perspective, I would expect similar (1-2 seconds)
performance.

Thanks

Mark