[dba-VB] Merge rows

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Sep 21 12:46:08 CDT 2009

My database from hell has some records where the records grouped by the natural PK have duplicates,
and the duplicates have different information out in the non-pk fields.

IOW I have two or three or 5 records for John Colby where other fields out there have various
information.  The first record might have my preferences in cars, whereas the second might have my
preferences in drink, whereas the third might have my preferences in women (JOKING!!!).

I really need to do a merge / purge to merge these records into a single remaining record.  Any
suggestions where to start on such an idea?