[dba-VB] Merge rows (now: seriously OT)

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Tue Sep 22 09:58:55 CDT 2009

It means that once you set the master/child links (in Access), for
instance, the subform would stay bound, so you wouldn't have to load it
again when you moved to another tab and back.   In our .Net apps, we
drop a subform control on a particular tab.  When the tab is selected,
we load the subform and call its custom FillData routine, after that, as
long as the parent form is open, we don't have to reload that subform,
only point it to the appropriate record.

Does that clarify it for you?

It's possible to use a single subform control and change which subform
is bound to it, but that involves unloading and reloading the subform,
so the tabl approach is faster.

Charlotte Foust