[dba-VB] How to get MS Word mailmerge to open a query with parameters against an linked SQL Table

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 06:53:51 CDT 2010

Hello All,

I think that the following works perfectly as a solution for my problem
posted  below.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214183

<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214183>if you need this, review it
carefully, as I missed out the critical bit in the Word 2007 section where
it refers you to the Options button first.  Incidentally, in my Word 2003, I
also had to go to Options\general to turn on the DDE access.

If tech and sql are seeing this for the first time, it is because I mis
typed the email on the first pass, so  now you get a solution to a problem
you did not have !  :)

Thanks

Mark