[dba-VB] VS2010 Launch Event

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Mon Apr 12 05:05:20 CDT 2010

Hi All --

I'm watching online some of the presentations from VS2010 Launch Event from
Moscow - it looks good so far - VS2010 have got many new useful in real life
development features - no, I'm not going to announce/discuss them here now
to let you get your own fresh view on them :) - let's discuss them later
this week...

Just wanted to share this link about real life VS2010 usage in MS:

"Dogfooding" VS 2010 and .NET 4
http://blogs.msdn.com/somasegar/archive/2010/04/08/dogfooding-vs-2010-and-ne
t-4.aspx

It's mainly about Team Foundation Server 2010 (TFS2010) deployment there at
MS, and TFS2010 is first of all a SCRUM development tool you know :)

Not sure I will use TFS2010 real soon as it is costly - just wanted to note
that SCRUM we tried here last spring "rules the agile development world" -
now at MS :) (They say they will make an MS Project 2010/Microfost Solutions
Framework 2010 add-on for TFS2010 to support more formal and much more
bureaucratic "waterfall" development approaches but that will probably
happen for VS2010 SP1 only...)