[dba-VB] Visual Studion 2008: locking grid control position

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Aug 20 09:03:15 CDT 2010

It is not docked.  Here's the deal.

I have two grids on a tab on a form.  The top grid is the master, the bottom grid is a detail view
displaying details of the top grid.  Both grids are just floating.  I discovered that I can dock the
bottom grid to the bottom and that seems to work.  The top grid needs to be docked to the side, but
when I do that it expands to fill the entire tab.  I don't want it to expand, it is the size I want it.

I can't doc it to the top because there are controls (on the tab) above the top grid.

Is there no property to just tell the grid control to lock the size and position that is currently is?