[dba-VB] Blocking

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Dec 4 23:55:25 CST 2010

I have a trick new status listview and wrapper class to hold the delegates and all of the code for
manipulating the status listview.  It is all working fine.

I added a new method of the wrapper class to call the ListView.Clear to clear out the list view.
When I call that from the form's thread immediately before my process starts (the thread from the
process ends up writing to that ListView through a delegate) it appears that I get a deadlock of
some kind.  The listview goes funny looking and the application hangs.  If I comment out the call to
the clear, everything works fine.  I need to clear the listview before each run though so I need to
make this work.

I am not sure how to get the clear working.  Any ideas?