[dba-VB] VB.Net and Microsoft Report Viewer

ACTEBS actebs at actebs.com.au
Thu Dec 9 06:16:04 CST 2010

Hi Everyone,

After discussions with Michael this afternoon about the issues distributing
your app using the Crystal Report Viewer, I thought I would check out the
Microsoft Report Viewer. A lot of similarities, but I can't find how to pass
the Dataset to the report and can't find any examples on the net.

Basically what I have is a class that returns a Dataset which works well in
CRV and I'd like to use the same methodology using MRV if at all possible.

Can anyone show me an example of how to achieve this please?

Many thanks

Vlad