[dba-VB] WCF

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Dec 17 05:43:46 CST 2010

Hi John

Yes, WCF is huge. But you don't need to learn all about it to use it. I have attended some demo session and quite fast you can set up some test scenarios.
Microsoft has some intro stuff as well:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg132851.aspx

I haven't worked with WCF for any practical project but would love to follow the thread.

/gustav

>>> jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com 16-12-2010 22:47 >>>
WCF looks like the ticket for my requirement to access data over the internet using a client .Net
application.  I have three different projects for three different clients all of which really need
to interface to a database over the web.

WCF is... way over my head.  I am reading a book - O'Reilly - Learning WCF by Michelle Bustamonte.
About all I can say is wow.  Rarely have I encountered so many acronyms in a single (the first)
chapter.  I have another book - Microsoft WCF Step By Step by John Sharp.

I just started reading Learning WCF last night.  Luckily I have the holidays to do some heavy reading.

I think I will be able to eventually figure it out but I thought I'd see if anyone on the list has
done this and wants to start a discussion thread.