[dba-VB] c# - manipulating datasets in memory

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Feb 19 23:21:38 CST 2010

Woa doggie!

I have just created a dataset, two data tables - dtOrder and dtSeed, merged dtSeed into dtOrder, set
the dtOrder.defaultview.Filter and dtOrder.DefaultView.Sort properties, then iterated the
.DefaultView to print the rows.  All in all a fairly minor modification to my existing code and
voila, I have my order out.  I can now set a filter right in code, and sort on any column or
combination of columns in the defaultview object.

I am jazzed!  Of course now I need to see how it works on a large table.