[dba-VB] FYI: The mind just simply can't comprehend

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Thu Jan 28 04:09:57 CST 2010

Hi All,

Just wanted to share one interesting weblog entry and my opinion/experience
on it - the subject line is taken from the following Sara Ford's weblog
entry:

"How I Learned to Program Manage an Agile Team after 6 years of Waterfall"

http://blogs.msdn.com/saraford/archive/2009/03/16/how-i-learned-to-program-m
anage-an-agile-team-after-6-years-of-waterfall.aspx

"The mind just simply can't comprehend" - this is what happens with every(?)
experienced developer's mind used to develop and debug their software via
long running (heavy) debug sessions as well as with "waterfallish" PMs - the
mind of experienced in "doing it other way" developers and managers just
can't comprehend how Test Driven Development can results in robust "bullet
proof" software usually developed with a lot less pressure and stress - and
(sic!) with higher quality, adaptability to the future changes, agility.

That's a long way to get one's mind starting to really comprehend what
happens when you take that route - the sooner you'll start following it -
the better for your business.