[dba-VB] .Net Setup, launch application after installation

David McAfee davidmcafee at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 11:52:54 CST 2010

I know, I just can't believe they didn't give that option in the MSI builder.

I've followed this guys blog:
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/08/12/696833.aspx?CommentPosted=true#commentmessage

It launches after install (if the checkbox remains checked) in all
(XP32, Vista 64, Win 7 32/64) my supported OS's except Vista 32 bit.

I think this guy had a similar proglem:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.platformsdk.msi&tid=1dbfd840-d667-47bc-bcd7-7fa4c615afb6&cat=&lang=&cr=&sloc=&p=1

My issue is that I don't know enough about Custom Actions or Jscript
to modify the .JS file to alter the "no impersonation" bit setting.

I can't believe such a trivial item is taking all of my time.

David