[dba-VB] OT: XP, SCRUM etc. - Sunday watch: "Kent Beck: Ease at Work..."

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Sun Jul 11 08:19:46 CDT 2010

Hi All --

I'm watching now Kent Beck's "Ease at Work..." year 2006 recorded webinar,
and I like it, so I decided to share its link with you:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7830246530742207581#

Kent Beck is "thinking aloud" about a broad set of issues:

When was the last time you were comfortable in your "skin" as a programmer ?
When was the last time you were comfortable in your "skin" as a programmer
*at work* ?
Why should I to "turn off" parts of myself to work here?
Something is profoundly wrong with a workplace?
Something is missing in my personal worldview?
Why should I do "magical things" to feel OK as a programmer?
Why should I sacrifice myself to the "altar" of technological progress?
Why the sense of "ease and comfort" isn't the part of my everyday work as a
programmer?

-- Shamil