[dba-VB] C# Emulate the Access subform

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Mar 4 07:24:29 CST 2010

I like the Access main form / subform paradigm.  I am trying to figure out how to do that in C#,
probably using a DataGridView as the subform.

I assume that you guys do something like this.  I need to know how you do the parent/child link
thing to cause the parent ID to automatically fill in the FK field in the child table.  Basically I
want the user to be able to move through the main form records and have the subform automatically
display the child records, then stop and fill in records in the subform / child table.