[dba-VB] Recent Discussion from MS on VB.Net and C# in VS 2010

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Mar 16 10:35:15 CDT 2010

 >You have to put ; at the end of each line

Not true.

Try to extend any syntactically valid line of code to one or more new lines.  Break at any white
space, as many times as you wish.

At the very end of the "last" line make sure that you have a ;

Compile.  It will compile and run.

 > Just my opinion though.  Not that I would never use C# or C++ because of the ;, just find it
annoying.

What I have discovered is that it helps to not "fight" any language, just accept the syntax and move
on.  There is waaaaaaay more important things in life than the ; at the end of a line of code, or a
code block designated by curly brackets.

I didn't invent the language (any of them), I am NEVER asked for my opinion (on any of them).  Just
accept the syntax of the language and move on.