[dba-VB] Goin' for the (browser based) gold

Michael Maddison michael at ddisolutions.com.au
Thu Mar 18 17:55:17 CDT 2010

Going OT but I gotta share :-)
I had some clown in the UK try a over pay scam on my wife last week.
We advertised a scooter on a commercial web site here in OZ.
Guy strings us along then claims to have overpaid into PayPal account
and wants the difference sent back via Western Union to the UK!
Who would do that???
I strung him along for a while saying we get so many transactions it's
hard to see his payment :-)
He tried to threaten me with the FRAUD POLICE. Lol...
The web site I advertised sent me a form letter when I reported the
incident warning me to be careful of fraud. Wtf?
I so wanted to forge a WU transfer just to make him/her go and try to
collect but decided it was too much effort.

Cheers

Michael M

I would think you would WANT to keep that 14 year old trying to brute
force your PW.  It keeps him
from more profitable stuff like "you have won the hong kong lottery"
scams.