[dba-VB] MS Patterns & Practices: Entlib 5.0 and Unity 2.0 - they made it finally - that's a real ..

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Sep 13 10:15:10 CDT 2010

Hi Shamil

I'm aware of the first but not the second. For example, the validation part of the Enterprise Library is certainly interesting, and the other parts may be as well - it frees you from reinventing the wheel - indeed when your "wheel" most likely would be less sophisticated than the EL wheel anyway.

But Unity? So much to learn. Why can't I have 58 minutes more per day watching videos?

Happy Programmer Day!

/gustav

>>> shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru 13-09-2010 13:56 >>>
Hi All --

You're probably aware of the subject?
If not - IMO it's a real stuff.
Microsoft P&P group has finally made it - in 5th version.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/practices/default.aspx

I plan to start using it in my real business apps ASAP.

On Unity 2.0 I have found the following to be an interesting video:

http://www.microsoft.com/showcase/en/us/details/61cec1b3-23b9-4763-b8fd-939aece7bed4

BTW, it's a "Programmer day" here today
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programmers%27_Day ) - official holiday :)

Thank you.