[dba-VB] Uninstalling your VB.Net application

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 09:47:29 CDT 2011

So I was searching around the .net and found this cool link for helping to
auto-uninstall a .net application.
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/install/NET_Uninstaller.aspx

I have a .net app that I deployed using clickonce and it published to our
intranet server and it's been working great, but now I'd like for the next
time my users open up the app I want to upgrade the app to self-uninstall.

so I checked the example in the link but the biggest part that I need for
this to work doesn't exist from the properties window in my vb.net project,
it seems to only exist when the project is a true .msi uninstaller package.

*any ideas?  the next step would be to talk to our network admin and have
him create a group policy that remotely uninstalls the application.

Thanks for your time,
-Francisco
http://bit.ly/sqlthis   | Tsql and More...
http://db.tt/JeXURAx | Drop Box, Storage in the Cloud (free)