[dba-VB] Windows Phone 7.5 Mango is here...

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Thu Dec 1 18:11:29 CST 2011

Hi All --

FYI:  I have got purchased today Nokia Lumia 800 with WP 7.5 Mango.

First impression: it's a very nice toy and a very user friendly device. :)

I have never used smart-phones before (I have been waiting when something useful will come released by MS) - and here I have got it.

One have to touch it, feel its weight and to use it to get a feeling how well it's done - Gustav noted here at Access-D/dba-VB several times how smooth his Windows phone is - and now I understand Gustav :)

And, again as Gustav noted here previously, getting accustomed to use this device virtual keyboard takes a few minutes - and I have never felt myself comfortable with mobile phones keyboards when typing SMS messages - but with Windows Phone virtual keyboard typing text is an easy exercise, even using one hand to keep the phone and the same hand palm's just one finger - the thumb one - I can type text rather quickly - well done!

I have got connected to my Wi-Fi WAP and used Windows Phone to browse Internet, follow hyperlinks, type search keywords and run searches - nice!

Now an interesting and useful challenge would be to make our Northwind.Net project's (http://northwind.codeplex.com/) ASP.NET version with Windows Phone 7.5 friendly UI - anybody interested to discuss/participate in such a project with deadline currently set for, say, 6 months?

Thank you.

-- Shamil