[dba-VB] C# Newbie Question

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Dec 30 02:45:36 CST 2011

Hi Arthur

A coding life is a happy life!

/gustav

>>> fuller.artful at gmail.com 29-12-2011 23:08 >>>
I've got a simple little RichTextEditor program working in C#, thanks to a
book I'm working through. But the code I have makes a simple assumption, a
hard-coded filename to load and read back. That works ok, as do all the
buttons (Bold, etc.), but I want to move this up a notch and call the
FileSave and FileOpen stuff rather than use the hard-coded filename. Can
anyone help me do this? I want the Open button to invoke the standard
dialog and the Save button to invoke the standard FileSaveAs dialog.

I'm guessing this can be done in a line or two, and I know how to do it
from Access, but I don't have any idea how to do it from C#. Any advice
most gratefully appreciated.

Thanks and to one and all, Happy New Year!

You can deduce how exciting is my life, by the fact that I'm doing this as
opposed to roasting chestnuts on a fire with a lovely loved one :)

--
Arthur
Cell: 647.710.1314

Prediction is difficult, especially of the future.