[dba-VB] Blocking IE of opening new window when working with Google Images

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Tue Feb 8 14:54:00 CST 2011

Hi All --

I have the following sample Google Images query URL:

http://www.google.com/images?q=Babolat+Bandana&hl=en&sa=G&gbv=2&as_st=y&tbs=
isch:1,isz:ex,iszw:400,iszh:400,itp:photo,ift:gif

(watch line wraps)

that returns 7 result pictures.
I wanted when clicked on any image to *not* have IE opening that pictures in
a new browser window but to have image opened in the same window. It works
that way on one PC but it doesn't work on the other. I have tried to tune IE
options, including advanced ones but I can't get IE working as needed i.e.
without opening image in a new window.

Do you know how to make "the trick"?