[dba-VB] Localizing Silverlight Business Application

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Feb 1 11:55:45 CST 2011

Hi Shamil

Your apps cannot get direct access to the phone - it's a locked down environment. That's both a challenge and a kind of protection for the apps.
"The Full Stack" - a series of five how-to videos - is for viewing/download here:

http://channel9.msdn.com/Series/The-Full-Stack/The-Full-Stack-Part-1-Building-the-Admin-Site-with-ASPNET-MVC-3-NuPack-and-EF-Code-First

Also, did you download the free monster book:

Programming Windows Phone 7
by Charles Petzold
http://www.charlespetzold.com/phone/

I haven't had time for more than a quick peruse ...

I don't know how the Office apps are built. Good question, by the way.
As for the multitasking, I don't know, I think not even MS has decided where to go at what pace.

/gustav

>>> shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru 01-02-2011 17:17 >>>
Hi Gustav --

Thank you for your reply.

<<<
Third-party apps means everything you install on the phone, including your
own apps.

Do Silverlight apps get installed on the Windows Phone 7 as standalone apps?
I didn't know that - and if so they are running in a "sandbox" with all the
data (and files) available from Internet only?
I guess IE and MS Office are implemented on Windows Phone 7 XNA or some
other (unknown) kinds of apps? Or as Silverlight apps?

Have you seen/heard that that "custom apps multi-tasking" will get soon
supported on Windows Phone 7 by a near future Windows Phone 7
upgrade/service pack?

<<<
It's a pleasure to work with.

Do you mean to "play with"? :)