[dba-VB] Northwind.NET v.2.1 released - RE: Ded Moroz sends you links on sample projects... :)

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Feb 7 06:07:31 CST 2011

Hi Shamil

I'm not at a point of publishing apps, so I cannot tell. But as far as I understand, VS can create certificates on its own allowing you to distribute safely in a closed environment.

As for public certificates, these can be obtained from CAcert:
http://www.cacert.org/

The cost is zero money but some time consumed to get "assurance" from existing members obtaining "points".

/gustav

>>> shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru 07-02-2011 11:37 >>>
Hi Gustav --

When you develop Silverlight solutions do you need to sign them by software
certificate to distribute them online?
If yes, then that could be the knowledge I'm missing currently to have "XBAP
issue" solved:

- I cannot find good detailed and 100% working solution to sign assemblies
using custom software certificates.
Also I currently do not have such certificate and if software certificates
are rather expensive - USD200+(?) - then I just can't afford to pay for one
such certificate now to use it with this R&D sample Northwind.NET project -
and I will have to skip "XBAP issue" for a while and to work then on porting
WinForms controls to WPF...