[dba-VB] Further to "can's see SQL Server database...

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 09:34:58 CST 2011

Hello John,

In this case, I would like to know whether there is a database corruption
issue or a connectivity.

What about quickly creating a new db names testconn and see if you can
connect to that.

If it works and disco does not, then quickly check the db mappings from the
properties dialog box.

If you are mapped and you think that you should be able to see it, then
maybe the db is corrupt.

A few things to do are, stop and start the server, then refresh the branch
and check again.

Detach and re-attach the db and see if it helps

Start thinking about a restore

is that any help?

I have seen ghost db's hang around but usually the three-step dance of stop
start services, reboot, delete again etc will remove it.

HTH

Mark