[dba-VB] LINQ Compiled Query

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Sun Jan 9 09:55:07 CST 2011

Hi Gustav --

<<<
However, if you have a crucial query in, say, a loop it could be worth the
efforts.

Shouldn't LINQ be "smart enough" to not rebuild dynamic queries when that
used in a loop? (of course if LINQ expression is not forcibly destroyed (by
developer) at the end of every cycle iteration).

I'd guess even if they get forcibly destoryed LINQ coudl somehow keep
parsed&compiled LINQ expression cached...

It's a very smart technology... (nothing new - all the principles used in
(P)LINQ are known for years but that's the first time such a technology
released to the business applications developers?)