[dba-VB] Edit the source for a dataset

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Sat Jan 22 15:17:22 CST 2011

Hi John --

Connection information is stored in app.config file, which gets named by VS
as {ApplicationExecutableFileExtName}.config for deployment, e.g.

MyTestApplication.exe.config

When the app is deployed you can edit this XML text file's manually before
you start your app.

While within VS you can edit connection string value via: Select VS project
in Solution Explorer -> Right-Click -> Properties -> Settings