[dba-VB] Report wizard / viewer

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Mon Jan 24 10:55:35 CST 2011

Hi John --

You can use MS ReportViewer Control.
It's free.
But it has to be isntalled additionally to .NET Framework on client's
systems.
Installation takes a few seconds.

Be prepared to spend some time to understand its reporting design/process -
it's different from MS Access, or Crystal Reports, ... - but it's quite
powerful when you'll get used to use it.
To make it easy this first time your can try to make your reports' queries
as powerful as possible to leave MS ReportViewer Control only
rendering/totalling tasks...

MS ReportViewer Control info
http://gotreportviewer.com/

MS ReportViewer Control - samples
http://northwind.codeplex.com/releases/view/26600
http://northwind.codeplex.com/releases/view/26600#DownloadId=192044

MS ReportViewer Control - samples - in action
http://shamils-19.hosting.parking.ru/nw4/

Report Builder 3.0 info (I haven't used it yet ...)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd207008.aspx

Thank you.

-- Shamil