[dba-VB] Localizing Silverlight Business Application

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Jan 31 09:07:30 CST 2011

Hi Shamil

No, WP7 does not support databases - you set up a service for data
communication. That's one of the things I wish to check out.
As for development software, start here:

Getting Started with Windows Phone Development
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff402529(v=vs.92).aspx

and visit the download page:

Installing Windows Phone Developer Tools
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff402530(v=vs.92).aspx

Code Samples for Windows Phone
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff431744(v=vs.92).aspx

Windows Phone 7 Design Guidelines * Cheat Sheet
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/silverlight_sdk/archive/2011/01/07/windows-phone-7-design-guidelines-cheat-sheet.aspx

Also:
How to Use the Windows Phone Connect Tool
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg180729(v=VS.92).aspx

/gustav

>>> shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru 31-01-2011 12:33 >>>
Hi Gustav --

Thank you for your additional notes on Silverlight and Windiows Phone
7.
BTW, I have checked Samsung Omnia 7 seems to be available here to - it
costs
USD700:

1) it doesn't have EMS - no problem;
2) it doesn't support memory cards - shoudln't be an issue - it has 8GB
of
memory installed;
--
Does Windows Phone 7 support MS SQL Server CE?
What software is additionally needed to develop for Silverlight 4

Do you expect that Windows Phone 7 may become one of the main parts of
your
custom software development business in the near future?
Not easy question I know, you can skip it :)