[dba-VB] Localizing Silverlight Business Application

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Jan 31 14:55:34 CST 2011

Hi Shamil

The Phone Connect is only needed for running apps that stream video and the like. I have no specifics, sorry.

WP7 apps are Silverlight only for "normal" apps or XNA for games and highly graphic apps. No WinForms.

Thanks for the link. That seems relevant to study. Scott Gu is a good presenter.

/gustav

>>> shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru 31-01-2011 19:26 >>>
Hi Gustav --

Do Silverlight 4 applications need to use Windows Phone Connect Tool or
Silverlight applications can be run locally in debug mode (with database
backend used via a Web Service as you noted).

Does Windows Phone support WinForms at all? Or all Windows Phone 7 apps run
within Silverlight "shell"? (<- Sorry that question may sound silly...)

BTW, here is ScottGu's link blog entry on Windows Phone 7 Developers tools:

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2010/09/16/windows-phone-7-developer-tools-released.aspx