[dba-VB] c# lock()

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Sat Mar 26 17:27:17 CDT 2011

John --

Let's define your target (application) system architecture on conceptual
level - I guess that using "micro-level locking" you're trying (?) to
achieve isn't needed...

1) you have a huge input data set;
2) you split input data set into X chunks;
3) every chunk gets processed using the same several - Y - steps;
4) on completion of step Yn input/semi-processed chunk Xn is submitted to
the Y(n+1) processor class;
5) when all X chunks are processed in Y steps they get collected into a
final "huge" output set to produce Z reports.

That's it from conceptual high level point of view?
Something important missing?
Too simplified to be true?

John, please take into account that I can't reply promptly here - it's
weekend now and I'll be out tomorrow, and it's 1:26 a.m. - time to sleep,
and then I have quite some work to do starting Monday - so I expect this
thread will be supported by other AccessD/dba-VB members...