[dba-VB] VB.Net Database Classes

ACTEBS actebs at actebs.com.au
Tue Nov 22 19:04:18 CST 2011

Hi Everyone,

To create this custom membership site, I would like to learn how to use and
create database classes for the project and I'm hoping someone has the
patience to guide me through it. I have tried searching on the web, but
everyone is talking about classes, methods and properties but not about
actual database access and data retrieval.

So basically my question is as follows. Suppose you have 2 tables in your
database tblUsers and tblUsersRoles. The fields in these tables are:

<tblUsers>

UserID

RoleID

Username

UserEmail

UserPassword

UserCreated

UserLastLogin

<tblUsersRoles>

RoleID

RoleDescription

How would I create the classes for the above tables and also, how do I use
these classes within the site as well? By use within the site I mean, how do
I do the normal SELECT, UPDATE, ADD, DELETE functions, using the classes.

Many thanks

Vlad