[dba-VB] OT: MS Office 2010 / MS SharePoint 2010 development system box requirements - please advise

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 09:21:37 CST 2011

Hello Shamil,

I did play with VMWare, I did install it on a raw machine in 20 mins and it
worked.  I then quickly installed three OS's XP, Win7 and W2K.  All worked
well.  I also downloaded a VMimage of a dos games machine.  I also
installed two or three linux machines and all worked well.

I plan to do more, but have not yet done so.

Actually, I plan to have a permanant server here for VM's, maybe even take
SQL off my desktop completely, not sure if that will make it lighter or not.

when I have more news, I will post it.

One thing that may help

you have to do two things

1) install the VMWare ESXi server on the bare metal machine and boot it and
configure a few basic networking settings.
2) then you install the windows client on another machine and you can
connect to your server to set up VM's.

HTH

Mark