[dba-VB] Is anyone interested in XNA Game Studio?

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sun Oct 2 10:34:59 CDT 2011

And want to collaborate on a project of some sort?

XNA GS is a really cool game development system, for the XBox obviously but it can also compile the
game to run on PCs which is where I play since I don't own an XBox.

I am thinking of doing a traffic light simulator just to have something somewhat simple to start
with.  If anyone else is interested in playing around in this environment you are welcome to join me
in this or suggest some other project.

I am / was into uControllers and one of the classes I took back in the late 80s had the students
build a traffic light simulator with little LEDs to simulate a 4 way stop.  For their purposes
(teaching how to program a uController) that was all you did, turn the lights on and off in a
logical consistent manner.

I thought I would start with that and build a traffic light.  It would take 3 or 4 to build an
intersection.

And take it from there.  We could tie intersections together to sync the lights.  Add vehicles to
trigger the lights.  Etc.

But it would all start with a traffic light.

Or what would *you* like to simulate in a game console?

Colby Consulting