[dba-VB] Sounds easy.... but I'm a kind of getting stuck here...

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Thu Apr 5 04:53:01 CDT 2012

Hi All --

I have a DataGridView bound to a DataSet created on MS Access back-end table using built-in into DataSet SQL query.
And I need a calculated column to have a value equal to a

([SavedStartDateValue] - DataTime.Today).TotalDays

That seems to be not possible to create?

I tried to use .PostPaint event to have a value calculated on run-time. It works but DataGridView "flickers".

Because of design limitations I can't create a custom query in MS Access back-end db with a calculated field value to be used as binding source for target  DataGridView column.

I'd be very grateful for any useful for my real programming case advises.

TIA,
-- Shamil