[dba-VB] DataSet Project property for ADO.NET dataset designer

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Tue Feb 21 05:00:41 CST 2012

Hi All --

I have occasionally found that since VS2008 there exists so called "DataSet Project" and a few related properties for ADO.NET DataSets. (I do not use ADO.NET typed datasets that much in my development so I missed this new property introduction for VS2008).
Good news - that should allow me to have all ADO.NET data sets defined and stored in a separate project and I also do hope to bind referencing project winforms/custom controls to that ADO.NET dataset tables/views defined in DAL project.

But as it often happens to make this solution working isn't an easy exercise or I'm missing something obvious - I'm reading this info now:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/adodotnetdataset/thread/9de3d0ec-cc1c-4549-8c40-243e8ae6d433

Do you know about 100% "fool proof" way to make and activate "N-Tier ADO.NET data set based solution"?

Thank you.

-- Shamil