[dba-VB] Use/convert Java with/to .Net

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Wed Feb 22 06:06:16 CST 2012

Hi Gustav --

Thank you for the link.

It would be interesting to know what kind of XML documents can be converted to PDF using a Java open source lib they mention: "For example, the Apache FOP project is an open source XSL-FO processor written in Java that is widely used to generate PDF documents from XML source. With IKVM.NET technology, Apache FOP can be used by any .NET application."?

If that technology will allow to convert to PDF Open XML documents then it should be possible to "print to PDF" MS Office 2007/2010" MS Word documents, and maybe even XL and PP?

Let's try to check that opportunity in the coming days - within a month?

Thank you.

-- Shamil