[dba-VB] CopyAndRun

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Jan 27 06:07:01 CST 2012

 > However, you can open multiple instances of the same MDB if you set the FileName = MSAccess.exe
and the Parameters = yourMDB.

Cool!  I never found this anywhere.

 > Interestingly, I didn't need to put the path to MSAccess.exe in the ShellExecute() call even
though it is not in my Path. Windows must be using the Registry to locate it.

This is why I use ShellExecute so that Windows figures out how to open it.  I was having to find the
path when I used batch files.

Doing this straight from Access failed intermittently (for me).

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it