[dba-VB] C# programming exercises: Sample 1 - Run parallel tests from this assembly test classes

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Tue Jun 19 12:34:10 CDT 2012

Hi Gustav --

I have got purchased a LINQPad 4.42.01 Premium edition to use NuGet packages (still to learn how).

>From within LINQPad 4.42.01 you can run the following code snippet types:

C# Expression
C# Statements
C# Program
VB Expression
VB Statements
VB Program
F# Expression
F# Program

and do a lot more things, which I, personally, still to discover how to do and to apply for C# programming mastering and  for the real life .NET development..

Try e.g. this

Util.Image ("http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=p3&chd=s:Uf9a&chs=350x140&chl=January|February|March|April")

and you'll get a sample chart image, which you can right click and copy and paste somewhere in your docs...

Or you can set a connection to an oData data source and query it via LINQ, e.g.:

Set connection to http://data.stackexchange.com/stackoverflow/atom

and then run LINQ query in LINQPad:

Users
.OrderByDescending(n => n.Reputation)
.Take (10)
.Select(n => new {n.Reputation, n.DisplayName, n.WebsiteUrl})

returns the top 10 (by Reputation) StackOverflow users...

> As for the EF code generation: Why not ask the author, Joseph Albahari? As I understand it, he will be happy to answer.
OK, but first I will try to read carefully through this web page:

http://www.linqpad.net/HowLINQPadWorks.aspx

it may happen I will find the answer on referred from that web page other web pages...

Thank you.

-- Shamil