[dba-VB] C#: Did you know - private fields ...

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Jun 27 11:00:43 CDT 2012

Hi Shamil

OK, I've got the code installed and it delivers to the console window, but I can see that I will not make any progress before I have studied that blog (below).

Also, NUnit is installed but I haven't used testing before, and the guide seems to contain code for old versions, not the current version. Further, the "Get started" guide opens with an example it claims is not very good ... very useful(?).

So do you - or anyone - know of a good guide to unit testing and NUnit current version?

/gustav

>>> Salakhetdinov Shamil <mcp2004 at mail.ru> 24-06-12 17:49 >>>
Hi Gustav --

Yes, it's interesting code reading/reviewing, and even more interesting/useful *isto debug/trace it using many provided samples/testing methods, although its latest version is converted to VS2012 and it does use MS testing framework.
So I have had to downgrade it to VS2010 (removing some C# 5.0 async features) and to edit to make it using NUnit Framework.
I have also got selected only the sources related to the MS Access backend.
And it can be now unit-tested/debugged/traced under VS2010 + NUnit Framework 2.5.10.
I can send the result "derivative" work off-line to the interested Access-D/dba-VB devs - and we may try to "code review" it here from time to time, and to exchange opinions...*
I suppose such a "derivative work" lays within MS-PL?

http://www.opensource.org/licenses/MS-PL

Thank you.

-- Shamil