[dba-VB] C# development stats

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sun Mar 4 16:30:25 CST 2012

Hi Gustav --

> Now, isn't it the time where you start billing
> by the code line and not by the hour!?
No joy :(
I have to work fixed price - sometimes it works well, sometimes not, you know...
If I have ever had opportunity to work paid by the code line I'd have had made a small fortune already...

And I do rather strictly follow Edsger Dijkstra's maxim:

"If we wish to count lines of code, we should not regard them as "lines produced" but as "lines spent". "

which is quoted in an interesting discussion on subject published here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/966800/mythical-man-month-10-lines-per-developer-day-how-close-on-large-projects

It looks like 80-100 good quality well tested and documented code lines per day is a real average figure nowadays, independent from programming language used...

Thank you.

-- Shamil