[dba-VB] look what I found

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Mar 17 16:31:12 CDT 2012

Thanks Shamil.

Is this designed to perform this from a C# project, or from an Add-in from inside of Access?

My concept at this moment is to build a little C# application to grab any Access database and export
it out to text files and then pull the resulting text files into source control.  My objective is
simple:

1) To get Access FEs and libraries into source.
2) To have an environment where I can view differences between versions
3) To have an environment where I can "build" a specific version of an access container.

It seems to me that doing that from inside of Access is inside out.  I don't want to have to add in
an add-in and get inside of Access to be able to do this, I want to have an application (C#) where I
can browse versions, see differences between versions etc., and if I desire "build" a version of
some Access object.

I use libraries as well as my applications, and if I am on the outside looking in, then I can switch
seamlessly between any Access container, whether an FE or a library, pull anything into source
control, build anything out of source control.

I can see where it would be useful to put changes to source from inside of Access as well.  It seems
problematic to pull changes from inside of Access given how compile errors could arise as modules
change.

I will be looking at your project though.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it