[dba-VB] regex

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Thu Mar 22 04:07:35 CDT 2012

Gustav,

Unless I am mistaken, I think what Francisco is asking is how to convert HTML entities into extended characters. Ie. Ø -> Ø

In PHP, for instance, this would be htmlentities() and html_entity_decode(). I don't think going down the route of regular expressions would even work, but I feign ignorance when it comes to ASP. It may not even be possible without coding in your own lookup table in code (which isn't all that hard, if you look for the right resources, i.e.:  http://ascii.cl/htmlcodes.htm

Hans