[dba-VB] CodeFirst, DataBinding and audit trailing deleted items on client side

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Mon Apr 15 06:22:51 CDT 2013

 Hi All --

I have made a sample app here using CodeFirst ADO.NET EF approach. It works well. I just cannot currently solve one issue, namely:

- to audit trail items deleted in a bound DataGridView.

I have found how to find deleted items in a bound DbSet<{{EntityType}} list but the issue is that deleted item gets its item Id (surrogate key) zeroed, so my audit trailing can't be used to find corresponding database record.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

-- Shamil