[dba-VB] Visual Studio community edition

John W. Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 10:09:29 CST 2015

I have been using Tortoise / SVN on Visual Studio for about the last 5
years.  VS has an integrated VisualSVN toolbar and just works.  I have
only developed one app but it was a biggie.  24 classes.  Not sure how
many lines total, not sure how to get that info.  My guess would be 10K
or more.  134 puts over the years.

I use this app to run my business for one client, automating extracting
500 million records a month from SQL Server out into 500K record text
files, feeding them off to virtual machines for processing, and then
importing only the the changed records back into SQL Server.  As you can
imagine, doing that by hand would be impossible.

SVN has been functioning flawlessly for my purposes, however I am moving
to programming in and for Linux so I have to learn some new tricks.

John W. Colby