[dba-VS] automating Excel

John Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 08:21:57 CST 2015

I need to add some Excel automation to my C# application.

Currently I run a set of queries by hand, then take the resulting data
sets, insert sheets into workbooks, and insert the data into the
sheets.  I have to manually rename the pages to reflect the data set
(geo location).  About 8 sheets total, and about three different
workbooks. I then close the workbook just created, attach to an email
and email to my client.

I am looking for experience, code samples, web pages to read etc. Are
any of you folks doing this?