[dba-VS] [AccessD] Visual Studio and source control

John Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 15:31:49 CST 2015

I suppose I just don't see the allure of doing my business development
on the cloud.  I have had my private source control since I began using
C# many years ago.  It has run like clockwork. It is completely inside
of my servers.  Why would I go do it out on a public server all of a
sudden?  This is not a public development effort.  All I am really doing
is looking at moving from SVN to GitHub, and that only because VS now
has a GitHub connector.  I have two largish servers that "belong" to the
client that this code is for.  Everything else of the client's is on
those servers.  There is simply no point in not keeping his stuff on his
servers.

At this point all of my development is on my own VMs running on these
servers (that I hand built ages ago) and the source control is on them
as well.

You have spent a great deal of effort questioning why I do this but no
effort explaining why I should not.