[dba-VS] SQL Server for Training/Experimenting

Brad Marks bradm at blackforestltd.com
Tue Sep 1 15:48:13 CDT 2015

All,

I am currently taking Visual Studio and C# courses.

At some point in time in the next few weeks, I would like to experiment with C# code and some test Microsoft SQL Server tables.

I do not have access to any local SQL Server databases.

I am thinking about looking into both GoDaddy and Microsoft Azure for both hosting my test web-pages and providing a SQL Server database to experiment with.

I would like to gain experience with uploading code to a hosting site and gain experience with C# working with SQL Server.

Does anyone have advice on GoDaddy vs Azure?  Maybe there is another alternative for such experimenting.

Thanks,

Brad