[dba-VS] Web deployment task failed. This access control list is not in canonical form and therefore cannot be modified.

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Fri Sep 4 05:30:45 CDT 2015

 Hi All --

Working on a SilverLight project here, I have made a simple test SilverLight app to test deployment process. I have used the following tutorial:

A Guide to Deploying RIA Services Solutions
https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/ff426912(v=vs.91).aspx
and it have been working well till the last moment when I have got the subject error message:

"Web deployment task failed. This access control list is not in canonical form and therefore cannot be modified."

Googling didn't help me good enough and I have just xcopied all the files first on my local test web site and then on my test ASP.NET hosting web site - both worked well.

Questions:

1. If you know from your own experience a straightforward reproducible effective solution for the subject issue please post it here (I'm using VS2012 and Silverlight 5). If not - never mind - see (2).

2. If you have some time and are interested in how to handle POCO objects in your SilverLight RIA Services app then follow this short tutorial:

How to: Create a Domain Service that uses POCO-defined Entities
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg602754(v=vs.91).aspx

or just e-mail me privately and I can send you VS2012 sources for this tutorial I have made here.

If you'll get this tutorial working on your system and you will also succeed in publishing it locally on your localhost could you please post the list of the files, which publishing wizard creates? - as I have noted above because of the subject issue I have just xcopied  all the files and I wanted to know which one could be safely purged out.

Thank you.

--
Салахетдинов Шамиль

P.S. As I have noted above I have the POCO sample running on my hosting web site - if you wanted to try to access it I can send you the web site link privately.