[dba-VS] Microsoft Excel API to Office 365

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Thu Aug 11 07:06:43 CDT 2016

 Thank you for the note, Gustav,

I have just tried to find a way to use this technology from C# via some SDKs - here is a sample VS 2015 (Update 1 +) solution:

Excel REST API Explorer ( https://github.com/microsoftgraph/uwp-csharp-excel-snippets-rest-sample  )

Surprisingly is compiled well. No errors!
But it's a usual "behemoth sample" and when I have run it from within VS 2005 it has started well, logged in to my Office 365 Dev account but then it just has fallen when I have tried to upload a test workbook. Never mind, I haven't read any docs, I could have done something unexpected to this sample app.

If one "dives-in" into ExcelRESTService.UWP.csproj. \Model subfoler) of this sample app they will find how the SDK wraps MS Excel REST API calls.
There is a also a unit tests project ExcelRESTService.UnitTests.UWP.csproj within this sample solution.

Still, it would be useful to find/have something like a simple C# console application demonstrating how to use the MS Excel REST API and SDK to manipulate  a test workbook on the MS Office 365 web site.

Does anybody here have any links on such a sample app?

Thank you.

-- Shamil